Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Painting Like Michelangelo

I am sure most of you have seen the Pinterest idea of having students paint under their desks like Michelangelo. As a grade level, we decided to try it out! This activity was a part of our Countdown to the Last Day balloons, which the students look forward to each day. If I only had a dime for every time I was asked "When are we popping the balloon?!"

Before we got started, each student received some drop cloth paper to protect the carpet in our classroom. I asked the students to lay down under their desks and think about summer. I asked them to imagine something fun they were going to do when school got out. This is what I wanted them to paint. Each student was given paper and tape to attach to the underside of their desks. Paint was handed out and they got started! I put some music on and we had a ball!! Their art turned out wonderfully!!

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment